You Have Been Weighed and Found Wanting
Chris and I often talk about religion:
My beliefs are founded in my faith, and I try to make sure that my actions reflect my faith. Personally, I believe that the Christian church has a lot of responsibility for the current state of our society, especially in America. The Christian church can also be a powerful agent of change for the betterment of the world.
Here is a conversation between my friend and pastor Jonathan Bow and author Lisa Sharon Harper discussing some very relevant cultural issues. It has reinforced some of what I’ve said and I learned some additional things. The interview is over an hour, but it is well worth listening to.
- In early American history how was it decided who would be an indentured servant?
- In early American history how was it decided who would be a slave?
- How long after the Civil War were African-Americans able to enjoy “freedom”?
- What is the actual reason abortion is a part of the Conservative agenda?
- Are we looking at legalization holistically?